Sunday, December 6, 2009

On the 6th Day of Christmas...

Wall Hanging Supplies Needed:

-Chipboard letters (these are 8")

-Various coordinating pattern papers

-Coordinating embellishments

-Ribbon

-Jump Rings

-Blending tools and Distress Inks from Tim Holtz

Step 1: Adhere your letters to your pattern paper and then cut out

*I am lucky enough to have a local scrapbook store that has 8" letters for their Die Cut machines but you could improvise and print large letters out on your printer or enlarge them on a photocopier. This way you'll be able to choose the font you want.


Step 2: repeat step 1 for the remainder of your letters, alternating your pattern papers

Step 3: using a blending tool ink the edges of your pattern papers. I used Walnut Stain & Antique Linen. See this Technique Thursday where I discuss the blending tools.


Step 4: add embellishments to your letters. I have added a couple of gold rub-ons, Pearls from Kaiser Crafts and a Prima poinsettia.


Step 5: Decide how you want your letters to hang, punch holes (I use a Crop-a-dile to punch my holes) and then hang the letters together with jump rings (purchased @ Michaels)


Step 6: Add jump rings to the first letter and then hang with ribbon. I hung mine from two jump rings so that it would hang straight. I had originally only used one in the center and it made the entire word hang crooked....fyi.

Enjoy! Have a great Sunday!

{xo}

No comments: