Thursday, December 10, 2009

On the 10th Day of Christmas...

Riff Raff Ornaments
Supplies Needed:
- Riff Raff Chipboard- Christmas themed words or shapes
-Embossing tools, clear powder & a watermark pad. I use Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel- so great.
-Alcohol inks and applicators. I just use pieces of felt on the end of a cloths pin
-Ribbon or Wire (we'll discuss the wire later)
Step 1: Emboss the Chipboard with clear powder to create a glossy surface. We do this so we can apply alcohol inks. Alcohol ink directly onto chipboard soaks in and doesn't create a bold color.

Step 2: color your word/shape with alcohol inks. For HoHoHo, I used 2 alcohol inks from Ranger-copper first and then applied 2 coats of red. For Believe- I used Gold Metallics from Ranger. Let Dry.

Step 3: Flip over and color in the back of the chipboard. I just use red and I just apply it to the chipboard.

Step 4: Emboss with clear powder again to create the glossy effect again. It also helps to stiffen up your shape.
Step 5: Hanging your word/ shape. For HoHoHo, see below. Believe at the top of this post is hung with ribbon. Just looped through and tied in a knot.
For the HoHoHo: I used a paper piercer to poke a hole on each end of the word.
I then used used wire to hang this word with. The wire was very hard to work with and I would recommend using ribbon!




Visit Riff Raff's website here to find a retail store near you.

Enjoy!

{xo}

No comments: