Saturday, December 5, 2009

12 Days of Christmas- Day 5

Yarn WreathSupplies Needed:
-Styrofoam Wreath
-Various Colors of Yarn
-some sort of embellishment
-ribbon
Step 1: Wrap wreath with yarn, alternating colors until wreath is full
Step 2: add your embellishments. For mine I used a branch of poinsettias from Micheals, took off one of the flower & removed the center. I put the berries (also from Micheals) through the center hole of the poinsettia, pulled the ends through (these ends are make of wire) and poked them into my Styrofoam wreath to hold the entire thing in place. This could instead be glued in place with hot glue. I then added the red ribbon as the center of my poinsettia, tying it around the stems of the berries.
Step 3: hang the wreath as is or place on a shelf or mantle
Enjoy!
{xo}

No comments: