Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12 Days of Christmas is Here!

So excited to share this project with you, I am so happy with how it turned out. I was inspired last Christmas with the yarn ball wreaths that decorated the Starbucks stores. I saw them and was in love, I though I can make that... and so I did. All the supplies were purchased at Micheal's and because just about everything Christmas related is on sale there the wreath cost less than $40. The most time consuming part was wrapping the styrofoam balls with the yarn otherwise it really was super easy. Enjoy & have fun creating your own!


Yarn & Ornament Wreath



You will need:

an 18" wire wreath form

holiday garland @ 2, I have used a red berry & a gold berry garland

6 large Styrofoam balls

6 medium Styrofoam balls

6 small Styrofoam balls

8 glass ornaments

various yarn

ribbon to hang wreath with


Step 1: cover styrofoam balls with yarn

Step 2: fit garland into wire wreath, be sure to pull berries out so that they show once you add all the various balls.

Attach garland in place with tie wraps or floral wire.


Step 3: place yarn balls and glass ornaments in place, moving around until you get it just right

Step 4: using a hot glue gun, adhere everything in place


Step 5: loop ribbon through to hang with or simply hang by the wire wreath form

All the supplies for this wreath were purchased at Micheal's and cost under $40.

See you back here tomorrow!

{xo}


2 comments:

Veronica said...

Very pretty!

Ginger said...

Nadine!! That is prettier than any wreath I have ever seen at Starbucks! You Rock!